Covid 17 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Covid 17

Options
claire264
claire264 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2020 in Work and employment
Hi, under the advice released yesterday means I was sent home from work today as cerebral Palsy was identified yesterday. I just wondered why? I understand all the other categories being at risk but not this? Any advice would be really helpful 
Tagged:

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @claire264 and welcome to the community.

As I'm sure you know, CP affects everybody differently and while some are affected very mildly, others may have issues relating to breathing and the re-occurrence of chest infections as well as swallowing issues to bear in mind which places them in the at-risk group for Covid-19.

If possible, I would speak to your GP, or give 111 a call for clarification, but our resident Cerebral Palsy Information Officer @Richard_Scope is keeping a close eye on any guidance and I'm sure will do his best to answer any other questions you might have.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.