Will his UC claim knock out my benefits? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Will his UC claim knock out my benefits?

Karen_m Member Posts: 9 Connected
If I take in a tenant who is self employed and wants to claim UC, knock out my benefits. (PIPs and ESA)


  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 29,795 Disability Gamechanger

    PIP won't be affected. If you're claiming ESA and it's income related then any rent you receive from a tenant will affect your ESA. If you're living alone at the moment then it could affect any SDP you maybe claiming.

    If you're claiming the 25% reduction in council tax as a single person at the moment then you will lose that too if you take on a tenant.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,596 Scope online community team
    Hi @Karen_m. I hope Poppy's answer has helped but if you do have any other queries please let us know. :)
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.