PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip assessment during corona virus outbreak

freeflowfreeflow Member Posts: 11 Connected
edited March 2020 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi my wife's Pip is due to end on the end of April, she had an assessment booked, the dwp cancelled it and said they would renew by paper or telephone assessment, i thought they would continue to pay till this would happen, but i got a letter from the dwp carer unit saying that pip will stop according to their records and therefore my carers allowance will stop as well. so i am confused, as we did not cancel surely, are they not supposed to carry on paying PIP?

Any advice welcome,Thanks
Tagged:

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

The rules changed on March 23rd because of Covid19, all PIP awards that end soon will have their award extended because of Covid19. If a decision hasn't been made by the time the award is due to end this this is most likely what will happen. Give DWP a ring when they open tomorrow and ask them. Here's the link to the changes on 23rd March. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/coronavirus-update-benefit-reviews-and-reassessments-suspended

Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • thespicemanthespiceman Member Posts: 6,408 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @freeflow    Pleased to  meet you.

Please have tagged my friend @poppy123456 a member of our team who will be able to answer.

Lady has expertise knowledge on benefits and anything relevant.

Just  be along as soon asap.

Please if there anything I can help with please ask me.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
Sign in or join us to comment.