Concerned parent of son with CP

Options
justinereed73
justinereed73 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited March 2020 in Families and carers
I have son who is 22 and has cp i am a key worker and single parent as i work in a supermarket on the shop floor. I am very concerned that i may bring something back home and give it to him. Am i able to stay at=t home with him as i also have to provide personal care for him. what can i do ?

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,287 Championing
    Options
    Hello @justinereed73   Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Thank you for being part of a supermarket your time and effort to supply every one is appreciated by the community.

Especially by myself and others who rely on line deliveries.

Thank you from my heart.

I do not know the answer to this did you look at our website COVID  19 information.

Also the website .

https://www.gov.uk.

Will have a link to relevant information.

We have a team member from SCOPE @Richard_Scope who is our CP officer tagged him .

Be in touch soon.  Might be Monday this being a weekend.

Offer any advice.

Please if I can help with anything please ask.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
  • Richard_Scope
    Richard_Scope Posts: 3,615 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @justinereed73
    Thanks for your post. It's a hugely worrying time and I really understand the concerns that you have.

As @thespiceman has mentioned we have an information page about Cerebral Palsy and Coronavirus this should help to explain the government's classification of CP during the epidemic. I would speak with your employer and ask are there any duties that you could carry out that are not customer-facing. Use the information on our web page to help you with the discussion. 
    Remember to practise the social distancing measures as well..

Keep in touch.