Am I able to claim any other benefits? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Am I able to claim any other benefits?

chrisjk1007
chrisjk1007 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm paye I've just gone on sick. 3 months for now. Am I able to claim any other benefits aswell as ssp.

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chrisjk1007    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Please I will ask my friend @poppy123456 a member of our team to answer your question.

Please if I can help with anything please ask.

We are supportive, offer compassion and empathy.

Please have a look around our website.

Please take care and safe.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

Universal Credit maybe possible but this will totally depend on your circumstances such as savings/capital of more than £16,000 will exclude you from claiming.

Living with a partner that works will also depend on whether you're entitled to anything. Using a benefits calculator and putting all your details (and partner, if you have one) will tell you whether or not you're entitled to anything.

Council tax reduction may also be possible but again it will depend on your circumstances. Contact your local council for this.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chrisjk1007 - Welcome to the community from me too. I hope Poppy has answered your query, but please do let us know if we can help/support you in any other way. :)
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 265 Pioneering

Hi @chrisjk1007 -  hope the above advise is useful. Welcome to the community :smile: and let us know how you get on.

Take care and keep safe

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.