PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Can i still claim universal credit if i already claim PIP

missalisonbmissalisonb Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, Im on the lower scale of the PIP and get £77 per week, i was just wondering if can I still claim for universal credit please ?

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Claiming PIP doesn't automatically entitle you to claim Universal Credit. Whether or not you're entitled to claim it will totally depend on your circumstances, such as savings/capital of more than £16,000 will exclude you from claiming. Living with a partner that works and other certain incomes like pensions etc. Very difficult to give any advice here because you haven't given any information.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,924

Scope community team

Hi @missalisonb. PIP is ignored as income for Universal Credit, so claiming PIP doesn't stop you being able to claim UC. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Your feedback is really important to the development of the online community, so please remember to complete our online community annual survey
Sign in or join us to comment.