Should we change to UC??? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Should we change to UC???

Andy1234 Member Posts: 25 Connected
My girlfriend and I currently get ESA payments as a couple and she is in the support group. My Girlfriend also get enhanced PIP for both elements and I receive Carers Allowance. My question is, should we convert to UC as it says we would be £31 a week better off???


  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,589

    Scope community team

    Hi @Andy1234. Only you can make that choice. Some people are better off under Universal Credit, but it can be difficult for some to receive their money monthly and manage an online account.
    If possible have your calculations double checked before you commit to switching.
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.