Benifit stopped — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Benifit stopped

pigeon55 Member Posts: 116 Courageous
Hi all been a while since I posted. My universal credit account has over the last 12 months deducted more than my disembelement payment benefit. I know this benefit affects my uc benefit but I would have thought they would only deducted the same as my monthly payment benefit. 


  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,578 Scope online community team
    Hi @pigeon55.
    Can I ask if you've checked if you've calculated your disembelement payment as a monthly figure rather than 4-weekly?

    Universal Credit usually convert other overlapping benefits into a monthly figure, so it can sometimes seem like you're getting more deducted whereas over the course of the year it actually works out the same. 

    If you can tell me the amounts you receive and how much you've had deducted, I can help you work this out. :smile:
    Community Manager

    Tell us how to make the community better for you. Complete our feedback form.
  • pigeon55
    pigeon55 Member Posts: 116 Courageous
    I have worked out the amounts on a 12 monthly period. From April to April. The totals show uc has stopped almost £200 in this period compared to what I received of disembelement. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Member, Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,746 Disability Gamechanger
    Might be an idea to ask them on youR UC journal?
    Be extra nice to new members.


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.