Returning your car — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Returning your car

littleacorn
littleacorn Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
edited May 2020 in Transport and travel
Has anyone tried to return their motability car as it is not being used and have the money instead. My car is due to be returned in September but dont think it is worth paying for it to stand at the door!
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    this might help:
    https://www.motability.co.uk/contact/faqs/can-i-cancel-my-car-lease-agreement

you don't have an automatic right to cancel, and if they allow you to do so there's a charge of £250 plus you lose the £250 good condition bonus, so a potential cost of £500 so actually more than 5 months enhanced PIP mobility which is just over £400.
    Hope that helps.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• littleacorn
    littleacorn Community member Posts: 367 Pioneering
    I originally had a 3 year lease which was extended as I had very low mileage for anther 2 years. I was told at the time that I could return my car without any penalty after the 4th year and still recieve a good condition bonus. Just wondering if it is worth returning it now and wait until the garages are back to normal before placing an order for a new car. The PIP money which now goes direct to Motability will then got to me and will give me the deposit money I need for my next car what are peoples thoughts? Has anyone else done this?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Might be far better to ask the people who's opinion on this matters and that's "motability" if they are still working ?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• atlas47
    atlas47 Community member Posts: 238 Pioneering
    Hi @littleacorn

As you have had the car for over the three year lease agreement, you will be able to return it, without any sanctions.

Give Motability a call, they are always very helpful.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.