PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip

MelinMelin Member Posts: 64 Connected
Hi a quick question about my husband pip claim he recently applied on phone then he has received a letter saying he has to prove his current status of living in the uk has been living and working in the uk since 2010 and been granted indefinite leave to remain by the home office the only problem is the letter states him sending his original documents or go to the job centre plus until end of this month he has been to the local job centre but they said he can’t go in because of the current covid 19 but becouse we only receive letters nearly once every 2 weeks we are very worried to send the original documents too can anyone give any advice please 

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,393 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi usually the JC+ would take a copy and send on, but obviously not possible as things are, have you tele PIP and told them this and that you are nervous about sending the original?
    Could you perhaps take a copy of the original for your own records and then send them the original?
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,537 Disability Gamechanger
    Jobcentres are still open to receive post. You call to book an appointment and will be be met by someone on the other side of the door.

Photograph your original documents or download a free scanning app on a phone or tablet and use that to at least retain copies of everything you send. Don’t worry about special delivery or anything like that. Post very unlikely to go awol at present.
  • MelinMelin Member Posts: 64 Connected
    Thankyou for your comments the problem is pip and jobcentre is not answering the phone l have been on the phone waiting over an hour but no answer l will be trying on Monday again
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,997

Scope community team

Have you had any luck today @Melin?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
    Been trying to call the jobcentre and pip all day no luck 
  • dynasty30dynasty30 Member Posts: 74 Courageous
    I got through to the pip department today was 50mins wait though 
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Melin, any luck? :)
    Scope

Hi update l got through to pip and they said they will contact the home office themselves l don’t need to send them anything 
  • 0seriesMan0seriesMan Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I think it is worth trying with police station to certify the copies before sending them. What do you think?
    Let me know if this idea is worth trying pls
    I think it is worth trying with police station to certify the copies before sending them. What do you think?
    Let me know if this idea is worth trying pls
    What would the benefit of this be?
  • katho31katho31 Posts: 694 Member
    why the police station??
    l don’t understand what does this got to do with the police station???
  • 0seriesMan0seriesMan Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I suggested if you can't get the originals verified at job centre due covid19, you should try get the copies certified at any police station so that you can send them. Hope you get the idea brother. 
    I suggested if you can't get the originals verified at job centre due covid19, you should try get the copies certified at any police station so that you can send them. Hope you get the idea brother. 
    The police have no power to “certify” anything and, frankly, at the present time, their priorities will be completely elsewhere. It’s also arguable such a journey would comply with current rules.

Either the originals go to JCP or the OP has a conversation with them as to the alternatives.
Sign in or join us to comment.