PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Assessment/report back DWP already

dynasty30dynasty30 Member Posts: 69 Courageous
got a text this morning saying they have received my assessment report.
im thinking that’s not good that’s really quick,or is that normal only had my assessment Monday morning? 

Replies

• CarolAnn1953CarolAnn1953 Member Posts: 22 Connected
    Yes that's normal now it's a case of waiting for the outcome. 
  • katho31katho31 Member - under moderation Posts: 694 Pioneering
    I do hope you are successful
  • dynasty30dynasty30 Member Posts: 69 Courageous
    Thank you kindly both,have just found these past four months stressful,she seemed nice on the assessment but with what I’ve read and know I’m not expecting anything,fingers crossed though just incase 
    it is so very stressful i agree, keep some hope if you can and when you are at boiling point have a gud shout!! my doctor said it relieves stress for a while, got everything crossed for you  :)
    Thank you Kath I appreciate that.
    i took over a year before I would even apply for it,but health just kept going downhill and I thought I need assistance of some sort otherwise I’m trapped indoors all the time at best I’m averaging I hr of fresh air per 14 days vascular disease has well and truly whipped me 😊
    oh so sorry to hear that  :/ you are so very deserving of help and i truly hope that you get what you need to help in some way, everythings crossed for you, stay safe and dont give up  :)
  • Brumboy68Brumboy68 Member Posts: 77 Courageous
    Have you asked for a copy of your report I had my phone assessment today
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,941 Scope community team
    Fingers crossed for you @dynasty30. Will you be asking for a copy of the assessment report?
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
    I had my assessment on Wednesday when can I ring up to get a copy of report?
  • Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 815 Pioneering
    Hi @dynasty30 Fingers crossed for you hope you get the decision you deserve.
    Hi Brumyboy68 I think once you receive a txt saying they have the report, you can phone for copy of report it’s usually just a few days after assessment. Good luck.
    Let's hope so. You can never be sure I'm praying lol
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,941 Scope community team
    Hi @Brumboy68, they usually say leave it a week before calling and a requesting a copy of the report. Best of luck. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • paulb123paulb123 Member Posts: 14 Listener
    Hi I have just received a letter from pip the judge has made a provisional  decision to award me daily living giving me 8 points I currently had 6 it says thy av give the dwp 28 days to agree does this mean I have a good chance of getting it thank u
    Hi @paulb123 I’m glad you got your award I’m sure you've got great chance of everything been fine.
    paulb123 said:
    Hi I have just received a letter from pip the judge has made a provisional  decision to award me daily living giving me 8 points I currently had 6 it says thy av give the dwp 28 days to agree does this mean I have a good chance of getting it thank u
    Hi @paulb123. Great news that the tribunal found in your favour! Unless the DWP appeal (it can happen but doesn't happen very often) it does sound like you have been successful. It can take up to 8 weeks for a tribunal decision to be put into payment so don't worry if things don't happen immediately. 
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

Just received my text 
    [email protected] That’s good I’m sure you can phone anytime now ask for report. 
    Finally got through after 45 minutes wait to ask for a copy of report. The woman was really rude and tried every way she could  to try and not send the report out to me. I virtually had to demand it.  I'm a nice guy who never gets angry or mad but she got my going. She said it was most unusual for claimants to ask for reports. I know you can. She needs reporting . She said with the post she didn't know how long it would take to get to me, I bet she don't post it? Cow.
    Oh I know how frustrating it is and how awkward they can be, when I phoned to ask for mine she sd they don’t send them I sd Iv been advised yous do send them, she sd I had been advised wrong needless to say I never got my report. These people are a disgrace and treat people like crap. Not all of them as I have had one or 2 nice people on the phone, sorry for the rant lol 
    Did you get report in the end.
    No she didn’t send it, I got word back cpl weeks later only got 6 points for DL and 10 for standard mobility gutted as I had DL until February wen it ran out, Iv put in a mandatory reconsideration but don’t hold out much hope, probably be the long rd to appeal.
    So you lost out thats really bad. I think it's luck of the draw. Depends on the assessor you get i think I'm on ESA right now and have been for many years when I go for my assessment I think it's every two years I can get a nice asseir who understands my condition or one who has no idea about uncontrolled epilepsy. The last assesment I had for esa the lady had a cousin who had a similar condition to mine. So we chatted about it and that was it. The whole thing lasted 15 minutes. I just got lucky. 
    Oh I think your definitely right, im just hoping things can change and I will get my benefit back, but as I sd it could be a long fight lol 
    I’m at least grateful I got something even though it was standard mobility, I’m hoping I can get that changed as amongst other ailments I’m waiting on 2 knee replacements so any kind of movement is a nightmare.
    @Lou67 that's what I got 10 for mobility and 6 for daily living but I appealed and the judge has made a provisional decision to give me the extre 2 points for daily living but ove been waiting a year and a half it's a nightmare 
    [email protected] yes I saw your post the other day and I wished you well it gave me a bit of hope, so thank you. 
    It's such a long drawn out process
  • CressidaCressida Member Posts: 689 Pioneering
    edited May 2020
    @Lou67 If surgery is planned which might improve your condition it may be why they awarded standard as they think your condition will improve.
    [email protected] Cressida, My surgery isn’t planned yet, I need to loose a bit of weight before I can get it, Iv put over 3 stone on in the past cpl of year, it’s really getting me down I used to never be off my feet now I’m hardly able to do much at all. Thanks take care.
  • Manc86Manc86 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    @Brumboy68 some of them can be rude on phone one had my partner in tears
    Postman' arrived . Went to porch. Thought he hadn't been. Went to go shopping and their was a big brown envelope from Belfast. The hairs on my neck stood up. My kness trembled hands shook. Time to sit down, and I opened it, glasses on and reading began two points here two points here there even a kid could realise that the daily living could only reach six. To be expected so not surorised. Next mobility saw this gorgeously shaped tick in the fisrt question about planning a journey in the box F. A great big smile and relief overcame my body finally the enhanced mobility rate. So happy ijust hope the dwp man agrees. Must also admit that the assessor was spot on with her report . I criticized her  in an earlier post and I was completely wrong to do that and I also moaned about the length it might take about getting the medical report once again I was wrong. I shouldn't doubt people I guess. But I am so happy about the award about the award of 12 points they never change their mind do they.
    [email protected] Brumboy68 Aww so happy for you what a relief 😅 yeah your right theyr not all bad lol so well done you can relax now.
    Great news !!!!
    Hi @dynasty30 How are you has your good news sunk in yet 😊
    Let's all have a party lol we have gone through enough
    Hi Brumboy68 Why not lol enjoy rest of your day I’m sure you will with your great news 😊
    @Brumboy68 congrats mate I got mine the other day was yours a judges provision decision n just waiting on the dwp to agree n that they have 28 days 
    No mine was a first application for pip made it on April 1
  • positivemamapositivemama Member Posts: 26 Courageous
    Brumboy68 how long did you wait for your decision after the assessment? 
    I'm on universal credit, am 15 weeks post assessment and still no word. Someone in my area waited 2 days !! 
    I have only received a copy of the medical assessment report . I had my assessment by phone on may 13. I understand from people on here it is unusual for dwo assessors to change the thoughts of the medical assesors, well I hope they don't anyway!!!!!! I asked for medical report to be sent to me by calling up dwp although that can be fun. I don't know the timescale of when I get the award letter , maybe some posters on here are better informed on that than me.
    Quick update Still haven't received official benefit letter 2 weeks after telephone assessment. Been stuck in hospital since Monday after having six seizure in a forty minute spell and nearly stopping breathing. But you guys enjoying the sun and I'm in air controlled bay just not fair lol. Hospital really affected by covid. This ward is normally rammed more than half empty now.
    [email protected], Sorry to hear youv ended up back in hospital, hope your well enough to get home soon, and hope your letter arrives soon for you keep your chin up 😊
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,662 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear you are in hospital @Brumboy68! How have your seizures continued? Wishing you a speedy recovery. Take care and please keep us updated.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Complete our feedback form to help us to improve your community.
    I had 8 within 40 minutes on Monday morning collapsing on to the lawn. We're really bad ones one lasted 7 mins. Breathing was really affected
    Only had 2 on Tuesday may be released tomorrow. 
    Finally being released from hospital still waiting for decision letter. Hospitals are empty everyone scared of covid.
    Do hope my letter comes soon had phone assessment on may 13 scored 12 on mobility so fingers crossed. What's that big yellow thing in the sky I don't recognise it...
    This must have been a scary time for you @Brumboy68. I hope you have been able to rest up at home. 
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Brumboy68 said:
    Finally being released from hospital still waiting for decision letter. Hospitals are empty everyone scared of covid.
    Do hope my letter comes soon had phone assessment on may 13 scored 12 on mobility so fingers crossed. What's that big yellow thing in the sky I don't recognise it...
    aww so sorry to hear of your predicament :( :(really hope you are able to rest a little, i hope and do think you will get good news re: your decision, best wishes  :)
    This must have been a scary time for you @Brumboy68. I hope you have been able to rest up at home. 
    hi [email protected], ive been waiting nearly 16 wks for a response fromdwp regarding my application for pip, i spoke to a person at dwp almost 2 weeks ago and was told to be patient and my application was with an assessor, do you have any advice please as ive been ringing since yesterday morning early and cant get through, ive no income from any benefits, im just upset and down at moment, sorry?
    katho31 said:
    hi [email protected], ive been waiting nearly 16 wks for a response fromdwp regarding my application for pip, i spoke to a person at dwp almost 2 weeks ago and was told to be patient and my application was with an assessor, do you have any advice please as ive been ringing since yesterday morning early and cant get through, ive no income from any benefits, im just upset and down at moment, sorry?
    @katho31. I imagine this is so frustrating! Have you asked for a copy of the report? This could give you an indication about what result to expect. Here is some information about how you might be able to access financial help due to the current situation.

I really hope you don't have to wait much longer. Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    many thanks @ Chloe_Scope, i didnt realise i could ask for a copy of report, thanks, i will again try to get through by tel tomorrow, let you all know if im successful. ill have another look at the website you recommended
    katho31 said:
    @katho31. I imagine this is so frustrating! Have you asked for a copy of the report? This could give you an indication about what result to expect. Here is some information about how you might be able to access financial help due to the current situation.

I really hope you don't have to wait much longer. Please do let us know how you get on and if there is anything else we can do to help.
    hi, sorry for mithering, you do know that i havent had a tel consultation with an assessor yet, just the woman at dwp telling me my app was with an assessor
    [email protected] Sorry to hear you still haven’t heard anything, it’s a long time without an assessment, unless they are deciding without a f2f I don’t know how that goes or if they do that but hope you hear something real soon.
    thank you @Lou67 thats very kind, my husband keeps trying to phone as ive had tremendous pain today and flat out with painrelief and heat/lathargy  :( got to keep hope and should hear soon
    @katho31. So sorry to hear that, fingers crossed you get word soon take care. 
    many thanks @Lou67 :) had awful night barely slept, rang dwp half 8 then 9 just they are so busy, trying again now, got an engineer coming to tv at 12 my hubbys been on nights and has to get some sleep he had a busy shift, just very anxious and feel sickly nerves i just want some clarity from dwp!!!  :( ive txtd the engineer to say about social distancing and im staying in my second living room when he arrives, dont want to see or talk to anyone like i am today  :'(
    @katho31.  Aww I’m so sorry to hear your having such a hard time, and benefit worry on top of everything else your going through is so tuff, just want you to know your in my thoughts, I love this forum I have met a lot of lovely people, it’s a great life line 😊
    i know and i feel so much better than 5 mins ago!! communication is a great reliever of stress thank god  :) very grateful for your empathy and this forum really is beneficial to us all and our mental/physical health probs, some really nice people, i wont give up, just having a mad blip!! there are people a lot worse than myself, im grateful i can see, love reading and can type and help others  :D:)
    @katho31. Aw that’s lovely, when I’m feeling so crap and feeling sorry for myself then I try to remember there’s people a lot worse of than me as you sd, hope you get through to DWP this time it’s so frustrating. 
    Lou67 said:
    @katho31. Aw that’s lovely, when I’m feeling so crap and feeling sorry for myself then I try to remember there’s people a lot worse of than me as you sd, hope you get through to DWP this time it’s so frustrating. 
    hi @Lou67, just an update, engineer came 12.05pm and all sorted  :) made up he has been and gone!! my hubby is up now and is going to get us fish and chips   :lol: my day is certainly looking up!! i would share if i could ha ha ha!! sorry!
    [email protected]    Hahahaha aw nice one hope you enjoyed them, did you manage to get through to DWP. 
    hi @Lou67, hubby went to three chippys all had closed!! then got stuck on the linkway!!! roadworks  :lol:, anyway he got home at 2.30 without chips and fish!!! hes made fish fingers and oven chips ha ha ha, hes a good un and im very lucky, hes so laid back he could fall over, we both have good sense of humour thank god!! no luck with dwp, keep trying eh?!
    Hi @katho31. Aww nothing worse looking forward to something and it doesn’t happen☹️But good you can laugh about it lol glad youv a good hubby to help you out ad be there for you, as for DWP that’s another story 💁‍♀️
    cheers  :) chat later, keep safe and smiling
    Hi @katho31, have you had a f2f assessment? Sorry for the confusion! They might be doing a paper-based decision.
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    Hi @katho31, have you had a f2f assessment? Sorry for the confusion! They might be doing a paper-based decision.
    hi, no i havent had a face to face, thank you for replying, i just cannot get through when i tel. them, i really do hope that they havent lost my application form, its almost 16 weeks now
    hi, chloe are you available please?
  • Hannah2610Hannah2610 Member Posts: 12 Connected
    paulb123 said:
    Yes :) very likely xxx
    katho31 said:
    hi, chloe are you available please?
    Hi @katho31, how are you?

If the report is with the assessor then that is a good sign. I know it's extremely frustrating, but unfortunately you can only wait.

You will receive a letter when a decision has been made. You also can check your bank for a payment as this sometimes can happen before the letter has been processed and received. 

I really hope you hear something soon!
    Community Partner
    Scope

Tell us what you think?
    hi @Chloe_Scope and everyone. finally i have had a txt! i have got a telephone consultation at 2.15pm this friday 12th june, thanks to all of you who gave me the strength these past couple of months/weeks  :) ive got all my diaries and we photocopied the application form so im somewhat prepared for it. ill let you know how i get on whether good/bad and again you have helped to keep me going and my spirits up    :) may need a bit of support next week before the call x
    katho31 said:
    hi @Chloe_Scope and everyone. finally i have had a txt! i have got a telephone consultation at 2.15pm this friday 12th june, thanks to all of you who gave me the strength these past couple of months/weeks  :) ive got all my diaries and we photocopied the application form so im somewhat prepared for it. ill let you know how i get on whether good/bad and again you have helped to keep me going and my spirits up    :) may need a bit of support next week before the call x
    sorry meant next friday! l o l
    Great news katho
    Hi @katho31 Aww so glad to hear youv eventually had word from them, my fingers are crossed for you and wish you well for your appointment😊
    Hi @Brumboy68 How have you been since youv been back home.
    I've been good no more seizures thank god. I have to live with my illness. That's just life. I can collapse at any time . So cold here I'm sure there are polar bears in my back garden.. Bloody typical so hot last week when I'm in ward ten in hospaital, when I'm realesed the temperature drops ten degrees and it's dark at nine.
    [email protected] Oh glad youv been ok since getting out but must be so tuff having to live no knowing next time you’ll have another turn, as for the weather typical it changes once your out 🤦‍♀️
    Lou67 said:
    Hi @katho31 Aww so glad to hear youv eventually had word from them, my fingers are crossed for you and wish you well for your appointment😊
    hi @Lou67, thanks so much, im very grateful  :)
Sign in or join us to comment.