My pip reconsideration was awarded — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My pip reconsideration was awarded

Options
Ct1scope
Ct1scope Community member Posts: 15 Listener
So basically I was awarded pip standard rates I received a call saying they had awarded me it and I had to accept the decision or go to tribunal I decided to accept the decision then they told me that I would receive 6 months back pay I was wondering if anyone knew how long this usually takes I’ve seen a few posts stating 3-4 days and some saying 3-4 weeks I was told by the person on the phone it wouldn’t take very long to come through would it just be the standard time my bank takes to clear things or could it be longer?

Comments

• dynasty30
    dynasty30 Community member Posts: 90 Courageous
    Options
    I can’t tell you the timescale but congratulations on getting an award ?
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,189 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ct1scope Sorry im not to sure but don’t think you should have to long to wait, great news your going to receive it, I’m waiting on word from my MR so youv gave me a bit of hope thanks.
  • Ct1scope
    Options
    Yeah if you read all the recent posts a lot of people have been getting calls for lower awards so hopefully you’ll get a call like that too soon even if you don’t agree with the award just accept it get the backdated money and then you can contest it afterwards just to be safe that’s what I’m doing 
  • Lou67
    Options
    Hi oh I will I was previously on standard for daily living but only received 6 points this time, I got awarded low mobility which I hadn’t had last time, but I would be delighted to get my daily living back. Thanks for taking time to get back to me.
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    MADE UP FOR YOU!!! :) WISH ME LUCK PLEASE :/
  • Ct1scope
    Options
    Wish you both the best of luck hope you get what you need this forum has been very supported 
  • Lou67
    Options
    Thanks it’s a great place for support and advice.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.