PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip telephone consultation times

snoopy1snoopy1 Member Posts: 22 Courageous
How long are people waiting to have their initial telephone consultations.
been waiting 11 weeks! Maybe I will sit tight because of the corona pandemic

Replies

• katho31katho31 Posts: 694 Member
    hi, I applied early feb and not had any consultation yet. I managed to speak to dwp last week, woman said my application for pip was with assessor so a waiting game
  • Brumboy68Brumboy68 Member Posts: 77 Courageous
    I applied April 1 had phone assesment may 13 it lasted 25 minutes
    Maybe if it's with assessor they aren't bothering with a phone call.
  • snoopy1snoopy1 Member Posts: 22 Courageous
    Guess so
    Thank you 
    maybe, thank you and hope im successful
    Fingers crossed 
    If haven't had a text by Wednesday I'm gonna call them and ask for report
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,484 Disability Gamechanger
    A copy of your assessment report should be avaliable from the 20th May @Brumboy68, its a PA4 and will give you a good indication of what the award could be.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
    Ok I wil definitely ring them on Wednesday then. I'm not expecting much the assessor didn't seemed to have much idea what she was talking about. I'm pretty sure she hadn't read notes either. But hey we will see. I still don't think she will factor the risk and safety of completing the tasks into the scores. I will be amazed if I don't get mobility.  I have at least two to three Toni clinic seizures a week with many falls obviously . When I'm outside that means more danger of course. She asked how do you get on shopping . I said I had a cluster of seizures in Sainsbury's in the main shopping centre in town requiring paramedics and 13 nights in hospital I fall regularly .I  said it was in the paperwork. Im  writing all of this but maybe all of this will not have been needed by later in week  if good news arrives. 

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,484 Disability Gamechanger
    keep us informed, good luck 
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • daisy80daisy80 Member Posts: 12 Listener
    I applied in Dec and had a tel assessment 2 weeks ago. 2 days after my tel assessment dwp text to say they had the report and would take up to 6 weeks to make a decision. I'm with Independent Assessment services (atos)
    No text for me
    I set my contact preference as text when I made my claim so maybe that's why? They seem to follow it up with a letter to but the text is much quicker 
    I think I did too . I got letter about my phone appointment followed by two texts and then a letter who knows?
    Just rang dwp spent 30 mins on phone no report has arrived with them yet. They will send text  when it arrives and post it will just have to wait .
  • Chloe_ScopeChloe_Scope Scope Posts: 10,653 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you don't have to wait much longer @Brumboy68
    Scope

• avakarlssonavakarlsson Member Posts: 333 Courageous
    Hi

I have been dismissed from work due to ill health grounds, do I need to let the pip department know or not?

Thank you 
    I'm not sure if pip need to know about your work, as I dont think its calculated that way!
    Thank you for your reply 

oh ok, I just thought they might need to know but if you are saying it’s not calculated that way, then I won’t phone them. 

Could my payments go higher if I phoned or not?
    Pip asked me about work during my assessment for example if I had got any warnings etc. It didn't mention it on the form but they did ask me a few questions about it during my tel assessment 
    Oh do you think I should phone them? 
    It's not based on ur work.
    So doesn't matter 
    You can work and still claim I understood 
    Yes, I will just leave it I don’t no if I need to tell them more about my condition/disability?
    If anyone thinks I should ring DWP then please say 
    Having had a conversation with that miserable git at the dwp yesterday. I thought I would ring up and confirm that the report had been posted out . What a surprise got through to another most unhelpful woman must be something in the tea up there  ( I think their are accents are from Yorkshire but I could be wrong). I apologise to any nice people from there on here from that county. Got a different story she said that it had only just arrived in the last hour and had not been posted out yesterday.  . As you can imagine I pointed out yesterday's conversation that the woman was going to post it out and I knew it had arrived yesterday. She said there was nothing on the system to indicate that. She promised to print out the assessors report right now, and she would send it out and it would be with me in 7 to 10 days. I didn't know we had a second, third, fourth and fifth class post. The dwp are using the latter. They really don't want to send them out and are waiting for the dwp to make the award rather than send the assessors report out. I may be sceptical but I doubt if I will get be medical report.
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,747 Disability Gamechanger
    If your condition has changed within the last 3 months and you have evidence to support this, then you need to report a change, if it's not changed at all and remained the same, then you don't need to phone them.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
    Ok thank you, I am only on the daily standard as I didn’t score enough points for the mobility side 
    I have got my appeal hearing telephone appointment on the 11th June so not long to wait. 

How is everyone doing, been nice weather recently just a bit too hot.
    Fingers crossed for u
    Amazing weather 😀
    Hope so, yes hopefully it will last a while, I hate it when it’s too hot and there’s no breeze, if there is a breeze like today it’s nice 
    At least its not raining or snowing hahaha 
    Yes especially with what’s happening, if it was raining it would just be the case indoors a bit bored, at least on Monday we can see 6 of our friends and family and some shops are opening and the rest of the shops are opening the 15th June, and school years are going back this week.
    I'm shielding until the end of June at least
  • helentaylorhelentaylor Member Posts: 15 Listener
    @daisy80 I don’t mean to sound rude but they wouldn’t ask you about work at all. as you can ‘legally’ work as many hours as you want and still get PIP. It’s not means tested. doesn’t go off your wage ect ect. I work part time and get what I should get so I’m happy. 👌 the only time it would affect it is if your getting points for saying mixing with others “ and are working in a busy retail job where you wouldn’t be entitled to them points ect ect. also just to add, on the PIP website and CIB you don’t even have to declare to DWP you are even working. and you won’t get a penalty for it as your not under no legal obligation to inform them. 👍
    Going to be so so hot on Tuesday 28 degrees too hot for me. 
    What benefits can I apply online as now I have been dismissed due to ill health grounds from my work
    Hi, How is everyone this morning?
  • Ami2301Ami2301 Community Co-Production Group Posts: 7,747 Disability Gamechanger
    Which benefits are you currently in receipt of?
    Hi Ami, I am on daily living pip and universal credit, I am waiting for my work capability appeal hearing on the phone which is on the 11th June so not to long, 
    I'm afraid there are no other benefits that you can apply for. Let us know how your hearing goes.
    That’s a shame about the benefit apply, how does the old esa and new style esa work?

I will let you know about how my hearing went.
    I'm not familiar with those benefits, but I'm sure @Adrian_Scope will be happy to explain.
    That’s ok Ami, 

who is Adrian? And will he get in contact with me on here? 

• Lou67Lou67 Member Posts: 891 Pioneering
    @avakarlsson Hi Ava what a lovely morning, just want to wish you well with your upcoming appeal enjoy rest of your day 😊
    Hi Lou, yes it is a lovely day already warm too, yes hopefully my appeal will go ok which I am sure it will do, not too long for it now, hopefully I will get a good outcome with the results from the appeal and they tell me on the day 
    Fingers crossed for you Ava yeah be great if they tell you on the day as the wait is a killer. 
    Adrian is the senior community Officer, he has very good knowledge on benefits and will reply on here. He is lovely.
    Thank you Lou

When I got in contact on the live chat for HMRCT I asked do you find out on the day what happens? And they said the judge either tells you on the day which is likely, or they will send me an email as I asked for email first as well as sending it to me in the post so with email I will have it instant. And if the judge doesn’t tell you on the day, within 2 weeks you will receive your results. 

As I want a copy to have at my home so I have got a record, and email first so I can see it instant and what there reply would be 

Hopefully after I have had the appeal hearing/during the appointment the judge will tell me the outcome

do you know of any other benefits etc I can get?  
    Thank you Ami for telling me there is an senior community officer that deals with benefits etc, I shall wait for him to reply on here as you mentioned.
    Oh I’m sorry I’m not sure at all, but hopefully if you win your appeal you’ll be entitled to more money, but as Ami sd Adrian will answer and help you once he sees this. I did an appeal in 2018 but obviously that was in person and I got told 10 minutes after the hearing, my pip DL stopped in February after my f2f I got word back I only got 6 points for DL and 10 for mobility so I’m receiving standard mobility, I’m currently waiting on word from my MR but probably be the long rd to appeal. 
    Oh I see, yes I shall wait for Adrian to come on and advise me about the benefits etc, I am on daily living pip, I don’t get the pip mobility as I only scored 4 points on it and for the daily living I got 8 points, I did appeal for it that’s why I have got it, and I am on universal credit, I did that in November 19 but I was getting paid from work so it was £0.00 every month so in March I received a small payment and also in April and May, on the 5th June I will get payment. 
    I’m thinking that should go up surely now as your no longer getting paid from work as that would have been calculated along with your wages, but I’m no expert but it sounds logical?
    @daisy80 I don’t mean to sound rude but they wouldn’t ask you about work at all. as you can ‘legally’ work as many hours as you want and still get PIP. It’s not means tested. doesn’t go off your wage ect ect. I work part time and get what I should get so I’m happy. 👌 the only time it would affect it is if your getting points for saying mixing with others “ and are working in a busy retail job where you wouldn’t be entitled to them points ect ect. also just to add, on the PIP website and CIB you don’t even have to declare to DWP you are even working. and you won’t get a penalty for it as your not under no legal obligation to inform them. 👍
    Hi Helen, I know work doesn't effect it but she did ask me about it for background info. I was surprised to that she asked but I guess there are things connected to it like how I get there etc. I've had my decision now so that's good news. 
  • positivitygoing1positivitygoing1 Member Posts: 41 Courageous
    Hi all , 
    I had mine on Friday and mine lasted an hour and 25 mins , i used call recorder on my phone for a just in case (as I'm sure most of you have had the reports with lies) ,

Before the call I was hoping it would be quick like half an hour at the most , but she explained to me to give her time to type what I was telling her , 

It was all the normal questions and I made sure to list each descriptor and the problems I had the night before but I ended up not needing it ,

I listened to what she said at the end on the recording i done and she said "I have all I need plus as well we already have information from your current PIP (my telephone assessment was a review) ,
    And she said "I can't see the DWP writing to your GP so I'll send this off now and they should have it all done in a week , I've written you a really good report , if your circumstances  do change obviously your not going to have the surgery you need in the next 8 months to a year but if by miracle you do and you feel better just let them know , I wish you all the best take care" 

She was lovelly lady but there is still a part of me that will think it might get refused , 

Honestly to all those who are worrying about it if it's coming up with you , you will find it a lot easier than a f2f , just make sure to include everything you feel during the day x
  • positivitygoing1positivitygoing1 Member Posts: 41 Courageous
    I was asked "when did you last work" which I was shocked about because I've never ever been asked that before 
    If anyone thinks I should ring DWP then please say 

hi, yes i would ring them again, i tried last week twice but no luck, just ringing out. hope you mamage to get what you need  :)
    Hi yes I managed to speak to DWP got through and told them I have been dismissed due to ill health grounds and I will get payments, now just waiting for the 11th as I have got my telephone appeal hearing for my work Capability 
    best of  luck and keep all your bullet points with you, stress that it is the impact on your ability to live an independent life and it is the needs/difficulties you have  :)
    How difficult is it to get hold of anyone on the pip phone line....
    [email protected]  Oh theyr murder to get through to, how are you feeling after getting home yesterday. 
    I'm ok but tired and bloody hot...still adjusting too home and temp
    Air conditioned on wards 
    Will try and get through at 9 am tomorrow
    At least I am now a statistic on those press conferences as I have been tested for covid.
    If anyone hates pain it's not for them ... 
    Oh was it painful Brumboy68 
    Hopefully tomorrow you will be able to get through
    Well when the male nurse entered and said to a fifty year old fat bloke, you really are not going to like me . 
    When he got what can only be described as a meat skewer out of this tube, and promptly pushed up my nose an then it goes through your sinuses , it is very unpleasant , but pain doesn't really affect me. But it is very uncomfortable as you know the length of the skewer and you can only see the last two cm that is not up your nose.
    They then repeat the procedure down your throat but that isn't so uncomfortable. I must admit a guy opposite me had been in my bay in hospital since Wednesday coming in through a and e . He hadn't been covid tested I found that a bit worrying as all patients admitted you would have thought should be tested. Especially as it's the biggest hospital in Birmingham with the biggest covid death rate. 
    Brumboy68 said:
    How difficult is it to get hold of anyone on the pip phone line....

hi, ive had great difficulty on two occasions, i fully understand the pandemic problems and high level of claims/appeals but im going to try ringing again tomorrow :)
    Oh my god that sounds so painful I thought it woulda been a blood test silly me  🤦‍♀️
    Hi Katho31 Hope you get through it’s supposedly be easier to get through as soon as they open. 
    I'm gonna try calling at 9am tomorrow you can wait an hour to get through.
    I was hoping to have letter by know had phone assesment on may13
    I keep checking bank to see if money is in but no luck 
    As for test hope you don't need. One

Hopefully tomorrow you will have a good result with phoning up
    I hope so medical report gives me enhanced mobility
    Lou67 said:
    Hi Katho31 Hope you get through it’s supposedly be easier to get through as soon as they open. 

Hopefully 

When did you apply for PIP?
    Oh thanks Brumboy
    i hope I don’t have to, I just checked online the phone lines open from 8 so maybe better trying the.
    thanks lou67, going to ring them early tomorrow, ill update you all if i succeed!!  B)
    Good luck 😊I’m patiently waiting to 💁‍♀️lol 
    Hopefully 

When did you apply for PIP?

I applied April 1 medical assessment may 13
    i applied start of february this year, got a txt on 7th february to say they had received my claim, few weeks ago i managed to speak to dwp and was told there was a pandemic on!!? yes, i said, im well aware of the pandemic...anyway she told me i must be patient, which i am trying to be, and that the assessors had my claim, nothing since :(
    Brumboy68 said:
    I applied April 1 medical assessment may 13

08001214433 which is the number I use opens at 9
    im glad you have had your assessment :)
    cheers and yes thats the number ive rang
    I just looked there it says 8 but I’m no great online lol 
     :)  :)  thats made me laugh
    Lol oh I’m murder was trying to work out how to put a photo on of it but can’t work out how to 😂😂
    I can't believe you are still waiting Katho, the only saving grace will be if you do get it, it  will be backdated to Feb 7.

Fingers crossed 
    thank you thats very kind  :) just got to have faith and hopefully im successful, i know there are many others far worse situations  :(
    Hopefully it doesn’t take too long for it to be all sorted out 
    yes gotta have hope  :) goodnight all, fan on and windows open, ive kept my nighty in the fridge in a plastic bag and its sooo cool!!! :p:D
    Lol brilliant idea Katho well a new week tomorrow, nyt nyt gang 😊
    Brown envelope arrived today got full mobility back dated to march 20 well happy.....
    Next assessment November 2022 well happy with that too..
    It's worth the hassle guys stick with it.
    That’s good it’s come, glad you got the benefit Brum
    [email protected]   Awww great news so happy for you, at long last but as you sd well worth the fight, yous have all given me hope so I will be going as far as need be, hope you have a lovely day now you can   relax 😊
    It's a great day so timescles were roughly six weeks from claim to telephone assesment a further two weeks to deciosn so all in all eight weeks. Not had I guess with covid around .. I'm sursprised I don't have to another check till Nov 2022 . I know i will never recover from epeillpesy I'm just hoping that my seizures decrease. You all should have hope it's an anxious time waiting but I'm sure you will get there in the end. I'm not going to disappear from the site I want to know how you lot get on 
    Brumboy68 said:
    Brown envelope arrived today got full mobility back dated to march 20 well happy.....
    Next assessment November 2022 well happy with that too..
    It's worth the hassle guys stick with it.
    so very pleased for you brumboy68!!!:) :):smiley: amazing an a huge weight off your shoulders, got tears here it is fab news!! :p:smiley:
     @Brumboy68. Aww nice to hear you’ll be staying around be nice to hear how your keeping from time to time. 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 9,160 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @Brumboy68 - so pleased to read about your great outcome. :)
Sign in or join us to comment.