PIP QUERY — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP QUERY

Options
samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
Hi everyone. hope you're all safe and well! right i have a issue, i am due to get my award review form around September time. i was scored 0 for symbols / reading .... but i struggle with reading as i was in a special unit at school. is it worth mentioning it now? as i do belive i should of scored more points. daily living i scored 13. debating if its worth mentioning now or on my award review. after reading forums and replies people have said state it in your award review form. my friend won his tribunal got 5 years and got 8754. the dwp PIP didn't appeal it which i was shocked to hear. 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you scored 13 points for daily living the you got the maximum enhanced award, but there is nothing to stop you mentioning anything when your review happens.
    The DWP can only appeal a tribunal decision on a point of law.
    HTH
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• samfits99
    Options
    @woodbine I am on enhanced for daily living that’s correct.  What do you mean on a point of law HTH? still learning. they didn’t appeal my friends and he got nearly 9K! he attended court. and a DWP clerk or rep didn’t even come which shocked me tbh. 
  • samfits99
    Options
    @woodbine when you get the chance can you reply. thank you 
  • samfits99
    Options
    @woodbine can you reply ASAP please. Cheers. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sorry first time on today; They don't always send are from the DWP, as for point of law if the DWP think the tribunal has made an error in law then they can if they chose appeal. HTH @samfits99
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.