Fraud squad asking about benefits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fraud squad asking about benefits

Ashh1985
Ashh1985 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi I have just had a phone call from the fraud squad asking about my benefits and my ex partner say he still received post but at my address but he doesn't I I'm worry

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ashh1985

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I’m one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I will forward your post onto a great friend of mine who is very very good with regards to the “Benefit System” 

Hi @poppy123456

Can you please offer me some help/advice with this post ?????

Many thanks.

@steve51

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I don't think Poppy is around at the moment to give advice but if you can give more details we can help hopefully.

What advice do you need, do you think you have claimed anything you are not entitled to , did they give you any information or indicate what was wrong

• Ashh1985
    Thank u for the quick response thay just phoned and ask about my benefits where correct and and if I see my ex partner and were he lives I just what to kown is this common thanks 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi yes it can be common for checks to be done to make sure you are in correct benefits 

Did you let them know you stopped living with your partner ? Do you think he may still be claiming as a couple? 

Try not to worry 
  • Ashh1985
    I told them that he picks our son u and I don't have any other contact i have not had that before thanks
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ashh1985, sounds a bit odd, the DWP usually does it own investigation if there is any suspicion of fraud, not the "fraud squad", I would be temtpted to contact the DWP and ask if it was them, it could be a scam???
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2020
    steve51 said:
    Hi @Ashh1985

Good Afternoon & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I’m one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I will forward your post onto a great friend of mine who is very very good with regards to the “Benefit System” 

Hi @poppy123456

Can you please offer me some help/advice with this post ?????

Many thanks.

@steve51

Sadly @poppy123456 hasn't been around on scope for about a month. although I do know that she's ok.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• wild_one
    wild_one Community member Posts: 95 Connected
    OP: have they stopped your money?
  • gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    @Ashh1985, hello ashh, do u have. any of ur bills in his name ??  Make sure u get the right help, I'm paying 21grand  back because I had his mail coming to mine but I did have a few of my bills in his name I was the one who told them that myself  anyway I can't help u with any more advice as I didn't get advice it's still making me bok nearly 10 yrs on only got to 2034 till I've paid it back  lol??
  • Ashh1985
    No thay having stop my money and all bills are in my name I just found it odd that thay contacted me to see the thay were any changes in my claim thanks 
  • gillian72
    gillian72 Community member Posts: 304 Pioneering
    @Ashh1985 , maybe he has just used ur address for a loan or owt coz he hasn't been in his place long enough ?? Mine had the bloody cheeky to get. a  wonger loan  in my address even when my Benifits stop lol ??j
  • Ashh1985
    I'm hope it's ok I have been worried all day just if thay stop my money because I'm a single parent 
  • Ashh1985
    It was definitely the dwp just Google the phone number 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.