Awarded pip confused about backpay — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Awarded pip confused about backpay

Options
roxinoki13
roxinoki13 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
hi im new to this so please bear with me thanks 
I had my telephone assesment for pip on 27th may been awarded standard care and mobilty very happy of course but im very confused at when my money should be backdated too
I first applied for pip in march 2017 refused had to appeal got awarded standard care until march 2020 i recived a letter to reapply for pip in early december which i did the lady on the phone at pip said today that my money is only backdated to march 2nd 2020 not when they recieved my claim form as that is when my claim ended even though i had to start a new fresh claim is this right please could someone help many thanks ? 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @roxinoki13 welcome to scope how are you this evening. Yes thats correct , as its an ongoing award even though you have been given a better award it only back dates to March 2nd.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• roxinoki13
    Options
    Hi im fine thanks hope you are too so even though i had to start a new claim its still classed as a ongoing award im still confused lol 
  • woodbine
    Options
    The letter in December was for review/renewal, as you already had an award in payment the new award just takes over from the old award, as your new award is for care and mobility you will get more money and this will be back dated to March 2nd.

• roxinoki13
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply and im sorry for going on im not good with taking information in i thought it was a new claim because they asked me to apply again it didnt say review or renewel thanks again for your help ? 
  • woodbine
    Options
    If they ask you to apply again when an award is already in payment then that in affect is a review/renewal (both are the same thing)

• roxinoki13
    Options
    Thanks so much for your help much appreciated 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.