Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Hi I was in receipt of dla since 2002 I had Perth’s when I was a child and it’s left me with one leg considerably smaller than the other roughly 4 inches in length and 5 6 inches in diameter as well as rheumatoid arthritis I was completely taken off dla when it switched to pip probably because I refused to perform for the assessor at my atos assessment anyway long story short I have just been awarded pip again with the help of my doctor over 2 years later and my condition is worse now than it’s ever been my in mine and my gp’s opinion I should have never been took off it in the first place my question is would I have grounds to try and claim payment for the time I was without it? Thanks for any replies in advance hope you all well
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 761 Work and employment
- 578 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.