Does anyone know the process (and how long it takes) of applying for CA when self-employed? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Does anyone know the process (and how long it takes) of applying for CA when self-employed?

pault34
pault34 Member Posts: 16 Connected
edited October 2021 in Benefits and financial support
Hi All

I have recently been awarded PIP and my wife is applying for Carers Allowance. We filled out the online application about 4 weeks ago and haven't heard anything as yet. My wife is self-employed (started October 2019) and earns less than the £128 limit per week after expenses, but as we haven't heard from the CA unit wondered if anyone could advise how they ask for the information regarding her income? And if possible how long they take to process applications?

Thank you.

Paul

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.