Council tax reduction — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Council tax reduction

Martin09 Member Posts: 8 Listener
Hello all,so I know that my mother who is my carer is entitled to a carers premium for being my carer,she cant get carers allowance because she is on pension credit ,my question is would applying for this premium have any negative affect on her council reduction, no good getting the carers premium and then giving it back because your council tax shoots up,would be really grateful if anybody has any knowledge of this
Thanks alot



Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.