PIP and crohns and anxiety, please help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and crohns and anxiety, please help

Options
son06
son06 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
help with claiming pip with crohns .  applied be 4 but refused said i gave eye contact suffer with anixity too 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @son06

Good  Afternoon & Welcome my friend.

I’m one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

I have got a good friend who will be able to help????

Hi @poppy123456
    Can Yes please offer me some help with this post?????

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community
    First of all PIP is about how your condition affects you day to day living and not about a diagnosis. Looking at preparing meals, bathing, dressing, walking, communicating, toileting

I  etc

Look at the descriptors and see where you think you should score against each one. When you complete the form give at least 2 examples of what happened when you tried to do the task, eg what you did, how you did any aids you needed or support or prompting

Send any evidence you have but remember less is more they dont want appointment letters and such but maybe a day to day diary or a statement from someone about how your life is affected

You might also want to contact CAB who sometimes will help with form completion, good luck hope this helps
  • laumacc
    laumacc Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, I had my telephone tribunal today, I have been waiting since last May. They also said on mine that I made eye contact and scratched my ankle. These are all the types of things I wrote in my mandatory reconsideration and was able to refer to today when speaking to the panel. I don’t yet know the outcome, I have chronic pancreatitis and anxiety problems. There’s som great help from this site and advice on where to find what you need. The best thing I can suggest is to write the page number with the lies on and then correct it, refer this to the judge and then you have done your best. Good luck to you :) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

One thing i wouldn't advise anyone to do is point out any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report. DWP and Tribunal won't be interested in any of those.

What they will be interested in is where and why you think you should have scored those poiints. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted the activity for each descriptor that applies to you will also help.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @son06, how are you getting on? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.