Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

work allowance in a joint claim

5imply_Ted5imply_Ted Member Posts: 32 Connected

In a joint uc claim, if 1 person is on lcw/lcwra can the partner utilise the work allowance?


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger

    Yes, the work allowance applies to both because it's part of your claim. If you're claiming the housing element the work allowance is £292 and £512 per month if you don't claim the housing element.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.