Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Can anyone help RE UC?
Hello new to forum needing some guidance I currently receive ESA support PIP enhanced for both , My husband works and also takes care of me , he's due to be made redundant in 4 weeks- meanwhile he is also in agony with chronic OA in hips and back . I have been told we have to claim UC , but I don't know this system at all I have been ill and disabled for over 25 yrs on the old style benefits. Can he claim carers and ESA contribution based benefits for himself? , as he's now in agony with his hips and back and looking for any work at this stage will be futile until he gets surgery, which could be next year , I don't understand UC at all, can anyone give me advice please - Thanks Katye
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 660 Work and employment
- 527 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 848 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.