Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Waiting

tara2019tara2019 Member Posts: 212 Courageous
still waiting for lcwra assessment they have been in touch with doctors in june why is claiming benefits so hard ive worked for 38yrs never claimed anything and now I need help 

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,816 Disability Gamechanger
    It can be a waiting game at the best of times @tara2019 but of course things are even worse as things are now, have you spoke to them recently about your claim? best time to call is as soon as they open before they get too busy.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, there's really no time scales. Hopefully you'll hear something soon.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • tara2019tara2019 Member Posts: 212 Courageous
    Yes I rung them they've received everything I was on ssp now my company made redundant 
    All you can do is wait i'm afraid.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    I hoping soon. its been a long nearly 1 yr8 months battle 
    1 year and 8 months for what? Haven't you only been sending in fit notes since Feb this year?
    Yes I joined scope from nov 2018 with pip I was working then part time taking paid sick 26 weeks plus 6 weeks of holidays for last 5 yrs im now been made redundant on health grounds i won my pip appeal ive put in new pip change of worsen conditions from last Yr im on uc waiting for assesment for uc lcwra I will get what im entitled to thanks for advice you given 😀 
Sign in or join us to comment.