Waiting — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
still waiting for lcwra assessment they have been in touch with doctors in june why is claiming benefits so hard ive worked for 38yrs never claimed anything and now I need help 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    It can be a waiting game at the best of times @tara2019 but of course things are even worse as things are now, have you spoke to them recently about your claim? best time to call is as soon as they open before they get too busy.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    Unfortunately, there's really no time scales. Hopefully you'll hear something soon.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    Yes I rung them they've received everything I was on ssp now my company made redundant 
  • poppy123456
    All you can do is wait i'm afraid.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tara2019
    I hoping soon. its been a long nearly 1 yr8 months battle 
  • poppy123456
    1 year and 8 months for what? Haven't you only been sending in fit notes since Feb this year?
  • tara2019
    Yes I joined scope from nov 2018 with pip I was working then part time taking paid sick 26 weeks plus 6 weeks of holidays for last 5 yrs im now been made redundant on health grounds i won my pip appeal ive put in new pip change of worsen conditions from last Yr im on uc waiting for assesment for uc lcwra I will get what im entitled to thanks for advice you given ? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.