Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Refusal of Blue Badge
I'm supporting a family who have a disabled 5yr old child - she suffers from a rare life limiting disease. She was recently awarded DLA - middle rate for care and higher rate for getting around. Mum applied for a blue badge and they have refunded her money and not given a reason why she has been refused the badge. From what i've written here would she be entitled? Mum or dad would be the drivers and they are both able bodied but having a blue badge would make it easier for them when taking their daughter out.
- 53.1K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.8K Children, parents, and families
- 764 Work and employment
- 579 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 278 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 264 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.3K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.5K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 676 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 929 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.