Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

First appointment commitments

Shanty321Shanty321 Member Posts: 20 Listener
Hi I claimed Uc last Friday to help with my rent as I recently left work due to ill health (currently receiving fit notes from Gp ) I have a first appointment commitments tomorrow morning by telephone I’m wondering if anyone can give me any information please on what to expect in the call. Will I have to commit to look for work to receive any money even though I’m ill at the moment Thank you so much for any advice.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It will really depend on your work coach, as some are more understanding that others. Although they should take into consideration your health condition and the fit notes that you're sending in. If you are unhappy with your work coach then you can request a different one.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Shanty321Shanty321 Member Posts: 20 Listener
    Thank you so much Poppy  for replying I didn’t know that you could ask for another advisor if needs be but fingers crossed all goes ok and once again thank you.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome, I'm sure everything will be fine. :)
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,477 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome how did the call go,

When I first claimed I had a great work coach who switched of commitments and I just had to have a telephone update with her every month while they made an assessment and decision about if I was fit for work
    Let us know how it went
    Hi Janer it went pretty much the same as yours wasn’t as bad as what I thought will ring me again in 5 weeks. Thank you for asking hope you are well.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,477 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad it went ok 
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,951 Scope community team
    Good to hear it went well @Shanty321. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
    Thank you Adrian 😊
Sign in or join us to comment.