PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Very Happy Result!

LuchiaLuchia Member Posts: 42 Connected
Hi everyone.

Very happy to say that I got my PIP back pay today!!
I sent my form in on 28th June, had my interview on 17th August and today the payment went into my bank.
Very surprised how fast it has all gone as I was expecting a long wait.
Super happy I got both care & mobility on my first time claim.

Ty to everyone who helped

Replies

• Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 3,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Fantastic news @Luchia! Thanks for sharing :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • LuchiaLuchia Member Posts: 42 Connected
    Fantastic news @Luchia! Thanks for sharing :) 
    Super happy with the outcome.
    just gotta wait for my letter to come and I can apply for bus pass and cinema pass which will be nice 
    You must be relieved. That sounds great @Luchia

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    You must be relieved. That sounds great @Luchia
    Just shocked how fast it was, has taken just under 6 weeks in total.
    I was expecting it to take much longer
  • KittycKittyc Member Posts: 32 Connected
    Fabulous that is brilliant - and really quick too 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,296 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news so fast and thanks for sharing are you going to get a blue badge too you may not drive but it is handy if other people take you out in ther car
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @Luchia, thanks for sharing :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 723 Pioneering
    I’m really happy for you and that’s great news and great that it was really quick 
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,699 Disability Gamechanger
    Well done @Luchia It's nice to have positive outcomes on the community to spread hope! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
    Really over the moon with the result.
    the letter hasn’t come yet but the back pay has gone into my account from PIP so I assume it’s been granted 
  • tommymcfc22tommymcfc22 Member Posts: 23 Connected
    Luchia do you mind me asking did you receive a letter first asking if you been in hospital prison or abroad first and if so how long after this did you get backdated pay??
    Luchia do you mind me asking did you receive a letter first asking if you been in hospital prison or abroad first and if so how long after this did you get backdated pay??
    They back dated it to the day I started claim.
    only thing I had to fill in was the “How your disability affects you” I had my phone assessment on 17th of august and got my back pay today.
    Never got a letter asking if I had been in prison etc(I haven’t) 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Luchia said:

Never got a letter asking if I had been in prison etc(I haven’t) 

They only ask this after a Tribunal win because Tribunal decisions can take many many months and DWP wouldn't know what's happened in all those months. For just the usual claim this way they don't ask those questions. Once the decision is made they pay backdated money owed, which is perfectly normal to receive payment in your bank before any decision's been made.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    I just had some great news!
    I called PIP just to double check and they said my award is for 3 years instead of 2 years 
    edited August 2020
    It sounds like it's been a good week for you @Luchia

Sign in or join us to comment.