Pip assessments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessments

joyclyn
joyclyn Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
Hy just me again hot text message to say Pip received my papers and it said i may need  face to face assesment befor a decision is made   is this correct  one of my conditions is COPD  and  i dont mix  only family in bubble with. Me  dont know what to think  joy 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi, as far as I'm aware PIP face to face assessments are still suspended. Your letter says you 'may' need one, but doesn't say you would definitely get one. Perhaps it's just a standard letter. Hopefully other members will know more.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Hi,

Face to face assessments are still currently suspended due to Covid and telephone assessments have replaced them. The letter you received is a standard letter but they haven't changed to wording to telephone assessment. As most people have them then i'd advise you to expect one, this way if a paper based assessment can be completed then it's a bonus, although paper assessments are rare.

If a telephone assessment is needed then they'll contact you with a date and time, there's no timescales for how long you could be waiting.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi try not to worry as advised above you will hear in due time about an assessment if required 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.