PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip deadline application info please

MaxinusMaxinus Member Posts: 39 Connected
hi,
could anyone please advise if an application is made for pip before retirement, but the award isn’t confirmed until after retirement, does this still stand and is valid where you can continue to have the payment in retirement?  Or do you have to have the award granted for pip prior to retirement to be able to receive it in retirement?  Many thanks for any help.

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm assuming you mean when they reach state pension age? Some people retire before they reach this age. Once you've applied for PIP it makes no difference whether you reach state pension age before the decision is made.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,236 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome I am glad you have an answer to your query, if there is anything else you need just ask
  • MaxinusMaxinus Member Posts: 39 Connected
Sign in or join us to comment.