PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP Query

paulfreymanpaulfreyman Member Posts: 3 Listener
Does anyone no when F2F assessments will go a head? now we have a vaccine 

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

There's been no announcements. Even though we have a vaccine, things won't return to normal for quite a few months yet.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,585 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m a member of a relevant stakeholder group. A vaccine makes no difference to any of this and is unlikely to do so for all of 2021. This is because we don’t know how long a vaccine gives immunity for; there’s no evidence that a vaccine stops transmission and it’s unlikely that many in the groups likely to need/want a vaccine will have had it by the end of 2021. 

The only thing happening at present is a tightening up of the guidance around paper assessments i.e. where an assessment provider says they can make a decision on the papers then decides they can’t and invites people in for a face to face when that would be wholly inappropriate either because of their health or the tier their area is in. Some ructions on that at present but only in respect of ESA and UC.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,443 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for that insight @mikehughescq
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
Sign in or join us to comment.