Hi, my name is brianbeecroft! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is brianbeecroft!

brianbeecroft
brianbeecroft Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi there, just popped in to say hi. I live in Hythe Kent. I have MS and I struggle walking.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome on board 

Have a look around and feel free to join in maybe visit the coffee lounge for general discussions and games 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @brianbeecroft

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

Thanks for giving us a little introduction to yourself. Are you able to effectively manage your MS? Are you receiving all the support you need?

I hope you are finding your way around the community alright, but if there's anything you need to ask about then always feel free. If you haven't yet, a good place to visit is always the virtual coffee lounge.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @brianbeecroft - welcome to the community & thank you for joining. I'm sorry that you have MS & struggle with your walking. Do you have any aids that might help your mobility? Perhaps you could get some help with that. I look forward to hearing from you again. :)
  • brianbeecroft
    Hi I have a 4 wheeled rollator and mobility scooter too, though the scooter I only use if I need to. I am working with Dom Thorpe building up my strength with his MS Warrior program. Half way is and its going well. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @brianbeecroft :) It's great to have you with us. 

I'm glad the course is going well! What kinds of exercises do you do, just out of interest? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • brianbeecroft
    The course includes seated and standing exercises for upper and lower body along with core too, and Dom shares videos to help. The course includes lots of learning about healthy eating and weight loss. Here is a link to his website https://dt-training.co.uk/ 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for your replies @brianbeecroft - I'm a great believer in exercise (I'm a long-retired physio) so think it's great what you're doing. I had a look at the link you gave too.....it looks very good. It's really helpful to have a programme like that when we're all a bit stuck inside due to Covid. I'm pleased you're finding it so helpful. :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.