Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Work Capability Assessment

Lee99Lee99 Member Posts: 18 Connected
I have just filled in yet another form for a WCA in the past i have had paper and face to face assessments can you please advise me of what happens at the moment with face to face suspended due to covid and does any one know how long it is currently takeing

Replies

• poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,214 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments have replaced them. With the WCA if a telephone assessment is needed and they still can't get enough of information through this then your file will be returned to the pile and you'll need to wait for face to face assessments to start back up again.

There's no timescales for any decision or for how long the process takes. You do need to make sure the form is returned to them by the date stated in the letter.

Good luck.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • Lee99Lee99 Member Posts: 18 Connected
    Hi poppy 

Many thanks for the response fantastic as ever

Kind regards 

Lee
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,214 Disability Gamechanger
    You're welcome. Make sure you fill out the form with as much relevant information as possible.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
Sign in or join us to comment.