PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Update to Tribunal Win

laurapeachlaurapeach Member Posts: 80 Courageous
edited January 24 in PIP, DLA and AA
Just as an update for anyone following - I found out I went from 8 points on both to 14 on Daily Living and 22 on Mobility! I received my letter a few days after I had the phone call with PIP, I was shocked I got so many points on Mobility especially as most of my issues stem from ME/CFS and POTS and I am aware it is difficult to get many for Mobility due to the nature of the illnesses.

If anyone would like a breakdown of the points I scored please let me know :)
Mum of one, I have M.E/CFS, POTS, Central Sensitization Syndrome and Joint Hypermobility Syndrome.
Tagged:

Replies

• Lulu_1949Lulu_1949 Member Posts: 225 Pioneering
    Would love to hear your breakdown
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,363 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @laurapeach and thanks for offering to share 
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 726 Pioneering
  • laurapeachlaurapeach Member Posts: 80 Courageous
    Daily Living:
    Preparing Food - 4 points (need supervision or assistance from another person)
    Managing therapy or monitoring a health condition - 1 point (aid or appliance to manage medication)
    Washing and bathing - 3 points (need assistance from another person)
    Managing toilet needs or incontinence - 2 points (need an aid or appliance to manage toilet needs)
    Dressing and undressing - 2 points (need to use an aid or appliance to dress or undress)
    Engaging with other people face to face - 2 points (need to be prompted by another person to engage with other people)

Mobility:
    Planning and following a journey - 10 points (need another person, assistance dog or orientation aid to follow the route of an unfamiliar journey)
    Moving around - 12 points (can stand and then move more than 1 metre but no more than 20 metres)
    Mum of one, I have M.E/CFS, POTS, Central Sensitization Syndrome and Joint Hypermobility Syndrome.
  • Lulu_1949Lulu_1949 Member Posts: 225 Pioneering
    @laurapeach, thanks so much for sharing and I am so pleased for you xx
  • BrettWBrettW Member Posts: 607 Pioneering
    Thats excellent news! Glad your situation was resolved.
  • TeddyB22TeddyB22 Member Posts: 148 Courageous
    Well done laurapeach
    Did you go to a tribunal? Or was this the result of a Mandatory Reconsideration?

• Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,760 Disability Gamechanger
    @laurapeach That's a great outcome and just goes to show how effective your evidence must have been.  Well done you!  Thanks for letting us know.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
Sign in or join us to comment.