Carer's allowance
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Just A Warning About Carers Allowance

anth22anth22 Member Posts: 50 Courageous
edited January 27 in Carer's allowance
I know a carer who didnt receive their carers allowance today due to PIP not informing them the disabled person had been given an extension  on their PIP. Carers allowance said its not PIP who should have told them about the extension its the carers duty, so be warned if your carers money hasnt gone in it could be down to this situation. My friend now has to wait another 5 days to receive her payment.

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,481 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us will help lot of people 
  • anth22anth22 Member Posts: 50 Courageous
    Your welcome i was thinking the same it will help many people out because lets say for an example my friends PIP was due to end on the 26th Jan 2021 and her friend was receiving carers allowance to look after her, carers allowance would also stop on that date as carers would have no idea her PIP had been extended for a few months. So if anyone receives a letter from PIP with an extension on it and they have a carer they need to let Carers Allowance know asap.

• wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,206 Disability Gamechanger
    @anth22, that what’s this forum is about giving information to help and inform members to continue receiving their benefits and helping advising where and when we can, thank you for bringing this nugget of information to the community attention.
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 3,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for sharing @anth22 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
Sign in or join us to comment.