CONFUSED ABOUT PIP EXTENSION LETTER — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

CONFUSED ABOUT PIP EXTENSION LETTER

mollypeppa
mollypeppa Community member Posts: 42 Connected
Hello. 

I was awarded enhanced on both parts on 27th Nov 2019, with recommendations for review in 18 months, that would have been 27th May 2020, I believe that reviews changed from 12 month to six in Jan 2019. However, I would have been reviewed from 27th November 2020. Because of covid I didn't get the form

I received a letter early Oct 2020 dated 25th September, stating my pip had been extended to 27th Feb 2022.my award would have ended on 27th May 2020, so, there has been 9 months extension.

Is this 9 months extension from 27th May 2020 to 27th Feb 2021, (as usually its done 12 month before) and that's is when they will send the ar1 form. Or does the six month rule apply, and I'll receive it sometime after 27th August this year? 

Thank you. 

Comments

• mollypeppa
    Sorry, awarded on 27th Nov 2018
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I had a one year extension and eight weeks later I received a review form. The extensions are to help with backlogs and you can still receive a review at any time.

ill tag @janer1967 however as she has greater experience than me. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• mollypeppa
    Thank you. I wonder if hidradenitis suppurativa is classed a condition, its rarely heard of, leeCal said:
    I had a one year extension and eight weeks later I received a review form. The extensions are to help with backlogs and you can still receive a review at any time.

ill tag @janer1967 however as she has greater experience than me. ?

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots of people have had extensions recently, however its still possible you would be reviewed 6 months before the original end date of the award.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

If you have had an extension till 2022 then your award is extended till then but as mentioned that doesn't mean you cant be reviewed before then 

Nobody knows when your review will be as they are extending due to backlogs and covid 

You cant predict an exact review time it will just be when it comes round to your turn 

Some people have had extensions but still had review forms few weeks later but again that not everyone 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mollypeppa - I hope our members have helped explain about your PIP extension, but that you could still be sent a review form 6 months before what was the end date of your current award.
    As far as Hidradenitis suppurativa goes, this should be recognised by the medical profession, but, as you may know, PIP is not about a diagnosis but how this may impact on your daily life.
  • mollypeppa
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @mollypeppa - I hope our members have helped explain about your PIP extension, but that you could still be sent a review form 6 months before what was the end date of your current award.
    As far as Hidradenitis suppurativa goes, this should be recognised by the medical profession, but, as you may know, PIP is not about a diagnosis but how this may impact on your daily life.
    Yes, thank you, I'd only just been diagnosed with hs, just after my last form was sent off, it's horrible, I don't like explaining it, cos it's disgusting skin condition, reaching for things, dressing ect,. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.