Finances and extra costs
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Help towards new windows

ketokidketokid Member Posts: 32 Listener
edited February 1 in Finances and extra costs
Good afternoon, my partner and i both get pip, we really need new windows but are worried about the cost , are there any schemes or grants that we could apply for please ? Thanks.


  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,085 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

    Do you own your own home or is it rented I presume it is your own as if rented would be landlord responsibility 

    I'm not aware of any schemes but others may know 
  • ketokidketokid Member Posts: 32 Listener
    Sorry forgot to say its my partners own house 
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Posts: 4,322 Disability Gamechanger
    @ketokid some local councils  will accept grant applications for private  housing but you would have to contact them and see if you qualify 

    You can also contact  citizens advice  and you could also contact social services and ask them for advice aswel 

    Other than that you could contact your local councilor  or have a look online 

    Hope that this helps 
  • Lulu_1949Lulu_1949 Member Posts: 225 Pioneering
    @ketokid yes there is a deal , it’s the green deal that the government have organised. It’s for loft and underfloor insulation as well as windows. Hope that helps you 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,544 Disability Gamechanger
    At present there are a huge amount of schemes in place because of C19 but there are also massive regional variations. This also involves organisations handing off money to others to handle for a variety of reasons. So, DWP giving money to LAs for example. Start with your LA and their C19 hot line. They should be able to take you through several options. 
Sign in or join us to comment.