PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Forced Assessment without an appointment

tina1148tina1148 Member Posts: 20 Connected
I was left a voicemail by an independent assessor for PIP today asking me to ring them.  Can they try to make me do a telephone assessment without an appointment.  I want to be prepared as to what my rights are to have a pre arranged appointment time before i ring them.

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,139 Disability Gamechanger
    @tina1148 you are usually given notice of an assessment they may have been ringing to arrange one . You can rearrange any appt once and you can say you need some notice to prepare 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @tina1148, hello the assessment company normally will write to you informing you of the date and time and the number they will call you on.if this is not convenient or the wrong number you then have the opportunity to amend the number and rearrange the assessment time. You will or should get a call the day before to remind you plus a text if using a Mobil phone.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,437 Disability Gamechanger
    @tina1148 did you phone them back?
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
Sign in or join us to comment.