I get UC, and have been told I'm being put in ESA support group. Will I have any backpay? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I get UC, and have been told I'm being put in ESA support group. Will I have any backpay?

Options
estpow
estpow Community member Posts: 16 Listener
hi ive been told that im being put in the esa support group. first claim esa in may 2020 . had phone assesment on 23rd of january 2021. desicion today. i also get u/c . can anyone tell me if i will have any backpay from either ? if so any idea how much . or will the new amount just start from now ? thanks for any info x

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Are you saying that you were in one group and have now been moved to another?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• estpow
    Options
    hi  well i have been in assesment stage since last may . sent esa50 off in november .only had my phone assesment in january.  and they said that i am in the support group. only had reply today ?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you first claimed both in May then you will be due arrears from the 14th week of the ESA claim and the fourth payment of UC. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • estpow
    Options
    ok thannyou any idea how much extra it will be ?
  • calcotti
    Options
    The combined ESA and UC total will be about £342 extra/month.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • estpow
    Options
    hi again . i recieved ucd81 in my uc journal today . it says i have the lcwra . and thAt they will let me know if owed anything .  i just want to know . that if i am owed . when from . is it from when put first sickpaper in which was in august 2020. or when  first claimed esa tho in may . im baffled really . or does it just start from today . or last week when they made the assesment desicion . ? 
  • calcotti
    edited March 2021
    Options
    calcotti said:
    If you first claimed both in May then you will be due arrears from the 14th week of the ESA claim and the fourth payment of UC. 
    As previously advised, for ESA the Support Group component will be payable from the 14th week of the ESA claim (assuming the January 2021 assessment was the first assessment).
    If the health condition was reported with a UC claim at the same time then, again as previously advised, the LCWRA element should be included from the fourth UC payment.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.