If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

I made an MR for PIP. I've decided to appeal as there are things I can't do anymore. I'm anxious

Options
julie2419
julie2419 Community member Posts: 33 Connected
edited March 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
PIP APPEAL 
aswell as waiting for my ESA reassessment appointment,i made a mandatory reconsideration for PIP and the daily living part they gave me 7 points twice even though my health has not got any better. I have epilepsy and blackouts which i have fallen many times that it has got worse over the years. In short ive decided too appeal  against PIP as family have taken over things i used too do but now cant do anymore. Im very anxious but feel i need too do this. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Championing
    Options
    Hi there 

If you have done the mr then you will get a decision 

Success rate at mr isnt that good but tribunal success is a lot higher. 

See what happens with the mr and then if needed you can decide if you want to take it to tribunal 
  • julie2419
    Options
    First time i applied for PIP they gave me 7 points,i did change of circumstances as things have changed. but they still said 7 points and no changes. I did MR but the same daily living 7 points only. mobility i got 12. Will appeal as my daily life is not good. 
  • julie2419
    Options
    Will take too tribunal,as the amount of seizures i have each day has got worse.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Championing
    Options
    Fair enough maybe you would benefit from some expert advice contact welfare rights 
  • julie2419
    Options
    Thank you for your advice.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.