PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Reinstatement of Enhanced Rate of PIP

jsmith8899jsmith8899 Member Posts: 32 Connected
Just opened a letter from the DWP today and found they wont be changing my rate of PIP from when it finished on the 19th of Jan, which was the Enhanced Rate, though for some reason havent paid my usual ESA  as they normally would but is probably just a database error again on the phone to them to sort that out and get them to reinstate the Severe Disability part of ESA as well.

Really so happy I can't believe they did that as I though if anything they'd just say the Standard Rate of PIP

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,437 Disability Gamechanger
    Always good to hear good news
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,137 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news and thanks for sharing
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,990

Scope community team

@jsmith8899 That sounds like very welcome news, many thanks for updating us :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing team Posts: 7,998

Scope community team

Great news @jsmith8899. Did you manage to get the issue with your ESA resolved? It could be that when the PIP decision fed through they've paused it to reassess premiums etc.
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 3,648 Disability Gamechanger
    Good news congratulations 🙂
  • jsmith8899jsmith8899 Member Posts: 32 Connected
    Yeah really thought I wasn't going to get it at all since were a few things I missed out by pure accident, did make notes about various things in the run up to the telephone assessment, though were a few minor things I may in a way disagree with stunned completely the rate stayed the same.

Be good when I get the SDP backdated as well and the ESA will go back to how it was before, really happy all in all of course, was incredibly lucky the assessor liked to according to her take time proper time to do assessments was really great
Sign in or join us to comment.