PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

PIP Review, no response

JustproddingalongJustproddingalong Member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello my wife has paranoid schizophrenia she struggles with every day life, she was due a review in January 2021 so sent back the review form of how her disability affects her in December 2020 sent evidence we are now in March 2021 and still no response evidence and form has been received whats the delay? Many thanks

Replies

• calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,252 Pioneering
    Lots of delays at the moment. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,205 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

The delay is most likely with the assessment provider and arranging an assessment date 

They have backlogs as well as DWP backlogs 

You could always give them a call to find out what is going on
  • JustproddingalongJustproddingalong Member Posts: 7 Listener
    Thank you will call them tomorrow many thanks. 
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 6,644 Disability Gamechanger
    What’s the delay? There is a pandemic. 

The offices where face to face assessments might ordinarily take place are shut. The equipment the staff need to conduct assessments is often in those offices. Many staff therefore lack the equipment and space to work from home. They may be shielding, caring, dying, grieving, home schooling, hospitalised and so on. Thus there is a significant backlog in assessments. A phone call to find out where it’s up to you isn’t going to change anything on that front.
  • Caz_AlumniCaz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 626 Pioneering
    Hi @Justproddingalong

Just thought that I would check in with you to see how you were getting on. 

Have you tried calling yet? Hope you manage to get through to somebody and you're able to get an update.

@Caz_Scope
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.