Parents, carers and disabled parents
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Need help cleaning house

both my parents sufffer from chronic fatigue, have had a stroke in the last 2 years and are physically unable to clean up after themselves, and I've been their primary carer for 5 or 6 years and I'm getting too mentally and physically exhausted, I'm looking for someone who offers a discounted rate for disabled clients to help clean our house from top to bottom so we can keep on top of it, as it's just impossible to get the home in a state where it's even presentable. 

and if anyone knows someone selling a cooker, washing machine or microwave that is in good condition but doesn't cost a bomb, please let me know. (we don't have a car, so we'd be happy to pay a bit for them to deliver it to us) because almost everything in our kitchen has started to give up on us. 

thank you.


  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 4,114

    Scope community team

    Hello @AshleyH

    Welcome to the community, sorry to read things are a bit tricky at the moment. 

    If you are getting exhausted with being their primary carers, have you thought about the possibility of a social care needs assessment for your parents, which might result in your load being lightened?

    Also, Facebook marketplace is a good option for finding bargains, would definitely advise looking there.
    Online Community Coordinator

    Talk to our chatbot and give us feedback on the community.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,425 Disability Gamechanger
    As above a social care needs assessment is the way to go, as well as facebook you could try gumtree and freegle
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
Sign in or join us to comment.