Hi! I'm looking for another carers or family members of severely disabled relations in Warwrickshire — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi! I'm looking for another carers or family members of severely disabled relations in Warwrickshire

Options
Stillhere
Stillhere Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Looking for any other Carers/Family members of severely disabled relations who live in Warwickshire. 
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 49,874 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Stillhere welcome to the forum
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome

We are just an online forum but you may find others in our parents and carers section with similar experiences 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just wanted to add my 'Welcome to the community' @Stillhere :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Stillhere :) How are you?

I've moved your post into our parents and carers category, and renamed your post slightly so that it's a little clearer what you're looking for. 

Are you looking for a support group, or anything else in particular? Have you tried speaking to your GP? They might be able to signpost you towards some local organisations. The Warwickshire County Council website also has some information, which you might like to take a look at. You might also find the Carers Trust helpful, as they seem to run some services in the Warwickshire area. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Stillhere

Just wanted to stop by, say hi and welcome to the community :)

How are you getting on? Have you had the opportunity to check out any of the links that @Tori_Scope popped into that last post? It would be good to find out how you got on with those if you get chance to update us at some stage

Look forward to chatting with you again in the future! Hope you have a restful bank holiday weekend :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Stillhere
    Stillhere Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hello - yes I have seen the links + are familiar with the options available,
    Unfortunately, it is Warwickshire CC that I am having problems with. All their support groups are commissioned by WCC, so anything I say/email will get back to the Team manager at Social Service - so much for confidentiality hey!
    I was really hoping there would be other family members on here who may have had/having similar difficulties?
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks for the update @Stillhere

Righty-oh - I see. Sorry to hear that's the case and I can certainly appreciate why you would want to reach out to others about your concerns. 

You never know, there might be somebody on the community who has experienced similar issues. Or alternatively, if you want to provide any more detail, then somebody might be able to signpost you in the direction of some further resources and info on this. 

In addition, I've also included a link to WCC's complaints website, and you'll see on there another link to the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman as well. I know that this might not be a route that you necessarily want to go down, but the information is there, just in case. 

Fingers crossed that somebody responds to your original post @Stillthere. If not, keep talking to the community and we'll see if we can be of any further help in a different way maybe :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.