Hi, my name is Stanley! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Stanley!

Stanley
Stanley Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I am hoping to be taught how little I know

Comments

• Stanley
    It has been rather harrowing registering and I hope I have given the correct answers.
  • Stanley
    I hope now that I can get on to the posts about postural hypor tension
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community @Stanley

Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

Hood to see you around just ask if you need any help finding stuff 
  • Stanley
    I Certainly do need help to understand this site and get the information I need
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If you go to bottom of this page and click on all groups this will show you all different topics there are maybe that may help 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Stanley

Welcome to the community, thanks for joining us, I hope the sign up process wasn't too complicating.

Is there any part of the community in particular that you are struggling with or have questions about? And what information is it you need? We have a very supportive and welcoming group of members so I'm sure people will be happy to help.

If you have something that you want to create a discussion about, simply navigate to the home page of the community and press the "New discussion" button to create a new discussion.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Hi @Stanley - & welcome to the community. Thank you for joining, & I'm sorry you found that a little difficult, but now you're here. :) I think you're asking about postural hypotension when your blood pressure drops when you're standing. Is that right? Both my son & I suffer from this due to our shared genetic disorder, tho it can be caused by many things.
    Any questions you have about this are probably best helped by your GP, but myself, & possibly others, can share our experiences  about it with you. You can just ask here, by typing in the box under my reply, or make a 'New discussion', in other words a new message about this, as advised above. If you have any difficulty with this, please say. So, how may we help?
  • Stanley
    Thanks.
    My  Wife is joining later today.

She has Postural Hypotension.

Her blood pressure drops about 50 standing.

She would like to contact   you later.

I try to look after her but unfortunately I have spinal stenosis which sometimes makes it a little difficult.

We are lucky as we can just manage.

I expect you must find managing a bit difficult.

Best wishes till Marie (My Wife) contacts you.

Stanley C.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Stanley :) Please do let us know if you have any specific questions.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.