Hi, my name is stacey_riley! My 3 year old son doesn't sleep very well. Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is stacey_riley! My 3 year old son doesn't sleep very well. Any advice?

stacey_riley
stacey_riley Community member Posts: 4 Listener
I really need some advice I have a 3 year old son who doesn’t sleep very well at all he goes down at 8 has no naps in the day but seems to be ready to start the day at 3.30 and it’s starting get earlier now I’ve tried everything 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry your son isn't sleeping have you discussed this with health visitor or gp 

We have a parents and carers section  may have some tips on there 

My son was good sleeper used yo put him down awake with his TV on timer and he just dropped off in his own time 

I know its not everyone's choice to let them have tv on maybe some background music 

Good luck hope you get it sorted 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @stacey_riley :) Thanks for joining. 

I'm sorry to hear that your son doesn't sleep very well. As Janer1967 mentioned, we have a parents and carers category. I've moved your post in there, and renamed it slightly so that other parents can find it more easily. 

You may also want to check out Scope's Sleep Right service. The service is available to families with disabled children aged:
    • 2 to 18 in London and Leeds
    • 4 to 18 in Peterborough
    • 2 to 19 in Northamptonshire
    If you don't live in any of these areas, then you can still benefit from the Sleep Right team's expert advice. You can find out how to listen to their podcast here, containing top tips on getting your child to sleep. You can also read some top tips for a blissful bedtime that they wrote up for the community, centred around the themes of calm, connect, choice, and consistency.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • stacey_riley
    Yeah I have spoken with health Vistor and she told me about scope I’ve literally tried everything I’m out of ideas he used be such good sleeper until he come out of he’s cot but it’s getting out of control now ?

thank you for sharing my post I have actually just filled out form for the sleep right just waiting for someone to contact me and hopefully get some help and advice I’m single mum and I’m absolutely drained out with the no sleep but I don’t know what else to do. 
  • stacey_riley
    Thank you for the links I’m gonna have look on them now appreciate all the help and support thank you again xx
  • Tori_Scope
    It's great to hear you've applied for Sleep Right @stacey_riley :) I can only imagine how tiring it must be. You're doing a fantastic job. 

Do you mind me asking whether your son has any sort of diagnosis?

• stacey_riley
    @Tori_Scope
    yeah it’s very exhausting I just wanna try get him as much help as I can to resolve this and he hasn’t got diagnosis as yet but he’s highly likely got autism and genetic disorder we are awaiting assessment for autism and he’s gonna see consultant at GOSH in may 
  • Tori_Scope
    Of course @stacey_riley. You're free to vent and ask for advice here any time you need to. 

Some of Scope's other family services may be of help if you haven't looked into them already, such as Navigate or Parents Connect. 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Just wanted to wish you a warm welcome to the community @stacey_riley :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.