Extra Legacy to Universal Credit Disability Forms? — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Extra Legacy to Universal Credit Disability Forms?

tcellmutation Member Posts: 227 Pioneering
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)

I am wondering if decide to move to universal credit from legacy benefits will I need to complete another disability questionnaire? I received an enhanced ongoing award of PIP both in mobility and daily living 2 years ago and I am also in the ESA support group.




  • calcotti
    calcotti Member Posts: 3,810 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Because you are in the ESA Support Group if you were to move to UC you should be treated as having LCWRA (and receive the LCWRA element) from the start of your claim. DWP can however reassess you at any time (whether on ESA or UC).

    PIP is separate.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.