Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi, my name is mickfrankie! I'm entitled to SDP

mickfrankiemickfrankie Member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi I had a text about 2 weeks ago from DWP saying they needed me too call them ASAP regarding my ESA claim I have been claiming ESA for 4 years and I'm in the income related group. I was hesitant too phone them as panic sets in. I eventually did 3 days later too find it was about that I may be entitled too SDP. Which I knew nothing about but now reading about it I have been entitled too it for around 12 months. I haven't heard anything since and I have just had my usual payment of ESA no extra. How long does the decision take too arrive and also will I get backdated and how long will the backdate take too be given? 

Thankyou  

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,238 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

As it has only been just over a week since you called it is too soon to expect it to be paid 

Like anything with dwp it can take a while , I would query it if it isn't in your next payment 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,044 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mickfrankie - I just wanted to welcome you to the community, as I see your query has been answered. Your SDP should be backdated to when you claimed PIP (which sounds like it was about a year ago).
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,226

Scope community team

Hello @mickfrankie

Welcome to the community, I'm glad to see your question was answered above, if there's anything else you want to know don't hesitate to ask.
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,785 Disability Gamechanger
    Unlike many benefits SDP is fairly straight forward, you either qualify or you don't, if you hear nothing by the end of the week might be worth another quick call to them.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
Sign in or join us to comment.