PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

I got a text with details of my phone assessment way over the estimated timescale. Can I fast track?

annamac83annamac83 Member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 27 in PIP, DLA and AA
I sent my pip application off in November 2020 which was confirmed they received it on 19th November,a few weeks later(without any assessment or further contact)I got a letter saying they couldn't award me pip however a few weeks ago I had a text message with details of my phone assessment,which I've just had!as this is well over the estimated time scale,is there a way I could fast track the decision?

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,253 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

It isn't really over the timescale as there are no set timescales and due to backlogs they are taking longer

Others who applied around same time still are waiting for assessmrnts 

There isn't a way to fast track a decision unfortunately its just a waiting game. 

The estimate for decisions is 8 weeks but again an estimate 

Let us know how you get on 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,055 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @annamac83 - & welcome to the community. I don't know if you're aware that you can ring the DWP & ask for a copy of the assessor's report about a week after your assessment (or if you get a text saying the DWP have received the completed assessment form). The DWP's decision maker usually goes along with the assessment, so it will give you an idea as to what points may be awarded. You'll still have to wait for the actual decision letter to confirm.
  • annamac83annamac83 Member Posts: 2 Listener
    I wasn't aware of that, thanks for making me aware that I can access a copy of the report,I'll bare that in mind
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,055 Disability Gamechanger
    You're very welcome. You ring the PIP Enquiry number which is 0800 121 4433.
Sign in or join us to comment.