Hi, my name is tonykenny! Looking for the best car to reduce the pain — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tonykenny! Looking for the best car to reduce the pain

Options
tonykenny
tonykenny Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2021 in Transport and travel
My wife is a motability driver and is looking For the best car to reduce the pain of car journeys due to pot holes and unsmooth roads.

Comments

• tonykenny
    tonykenny Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited May 2021
    Options
    my wife a  motabity user of over 20 years finds driving so uncomfortable due to pot holes ( even minor ones  ) that any journey has
    almost become impossible  .... which car is going to give her the smoothest ride?

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @tonykenny and welcome to the community :) 

I don't know much about motobility vehicles, but I know that we have other members who do. I have moved your category to our category dedicated to the subject of motoring, hopefully you find some suggestions.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tonykenny and welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that your wife is in pain when driving. I've had a Motability car since October last year, and when I researched cars, the suspension was definitely a key factor in making my choice, as I live out in the countryside, so potholes and uneven roads galore!

I have a Peugeot Rifter Horizon, and for me, it significantly reduces the impact that potholes caused for me! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,105 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi @tonykenny - & welcome to the community. Your post caught my eye, as I find sitting increases my pain, &, like your wife, I feel every bump & pothole. Recently my son had his Toyota Yaris in for a service, & asked to try their hybrid version as a courtesy car to see what it was like. They took me for a ride up the Dales, & I have to say it's the most comfortable car I've been in; my son was equally impressed with the suspension. I've just checked with my son who said it was the Toyota Yaris 1.5 Hybrid Dynamic. However from what he's read he thinks the suspension would be the same in all their Yaris hybrids (e.g. Icon & Design), & their might just be different additional internal specs. or trim. Perhaps worth a try, as I see Motability has these hybrids.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.