Hi, my name is dollydust! Trying to fill out the form for Carers Allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Hi, my name is dollydust! Trying to fill out the form for Carers Allowance

dollydust Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 13 in Benefits and financial support
I trying to fill the form for carers  allowance, am I classed as the carer ? Part 5 more information “, saying use the box to tell us anything else we need to know” does this mean to state my conditions?
many thanks


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,893 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

    It is the person who provides the care for somebody that applies for carers to give them payment for caring 

    If you are the one receiving the care you don't apply 
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can help I will 
  • Ross_Scope
    Ross_Scope Posts: 5,464

    Scope community team

    Hello @dollydust and welcome to the community. 

    I hope you are well. Has the above response been helpful for you? 

    Just to let you know, I have moved your discussion to the Carers Allowance category, and altered the title to give people an idea of what to expect.
    Online Community Coordinator

    Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

    Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.