Housing Element was meant to be paid on the 18th, when will I receive it? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Housing Element was meant to be paid on the 18th, when will I receive it?

Options
james19o6
james19o6 Community member Posts: 158 Courageous
edited November 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
Good evening everyone,

This month my housing cost werent paid due to the system error however my workcoach and uc team has fixed the issue and they have agreed to send me a manual payment by replying to my journal with this: "I am now only waiting for the supervisors go-ahead to pay your housing costs. This will be within 3 days. Kind Regards" 
They wrote this to me on the 18th may. So my question is i still havent been paid so will I receive it on Monday? I just needed some clarification as I thought the 3rd day is succeeded on friday? Am I wrong

Many thanks in advance 
James

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    It could have meant that the issue would be sorted in three days but you may still have to wait 3-5 days to hit your bank account, it depends how they sent the payment to be honest. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Even if payment was authorised late on Friday (21st) it might not show in your account until Monday. However there's no way any of us can know, we can only speculate.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • james19o6
    Options
    Many thanks guys. No I just wanted to see if anyone has experienced it. As my rent was due on friday so abit stressed out tbh
  • MarkM88
    Options
    My advice would be to speak with the landlord and explain the situation, I’m sure they will be understanding. If the money does not materialise tomorrow morning instead of your journal maybe give them a call to see what’s happening. 
  • james19o6
    Options
    MarkN88 said:
    My advice would be to speak with the landlord and explain the situation, I’m sure they will be understanding. If the money does not materialise tomorrow morning instead of your journal maybe give them a call to see what’s happening. 
    No of course I ll do that tomorrow. My landlorf he understood the situation. Thanks again for your respond
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Has the payment come through yet @james19o6? I'm glad that your landlord has been understanding :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • james19o6
    Options
    Has the payment come through yet @james19o6? I'm glad that your landlord has been understanding :) 
    It hasnt gone through yet not sure what is happening. I rang up uc team and they have said that wait for the case manager to reply on your journal.

Thank you for checking
  • james19o6
    Options
    Hey Guys!

Okay so my case manager of UC rang me up at 11am this morning stating that he made a manual payment and the payment is a faster payment which should arrive in your bank account within 3 hours and before 8pm. Its now 6pm and I still havent received anything, anyone else kinda has an idea if it will arrive by 8pm or no luck at all?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did you end up receiving it @james19o6?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • james19o6
    Options
    Hey @Tori_Scope
    No i didnt receive it. I rang up again and my case manager wrote this to my journal in the morning "Payment has been processed. It may take a day or two to reflect but you are in payment and all housing has been verified"

What do you think? Because my rent was due on the 20th now and its bank holiday on monday. From your experience any idea?
  • MarkM88
    Options
    It sounds like they have done a manual payment but it’s probably through BACS so should take three working days. A faster payment would of been same day I think. 
  • james19o6
    Options
    @MarkN88
    Hey they have done faster payment yesterday but didnt receive it they said within 3hours faster payment. However today they wrote that to me
  • MarkM88
    edited May 2021
    Options
    That’s why I don’t believe it was a faster payment. 
  • james19o6
    Options
    I understand hopefully I ll receive it as my rent was due last week. Thank you for your feedback guys 
  • james19o6
    Options
    MarkN88 said:
    It sounds like they have done a manual payment but it’s probably through BACS so should take three working days. A faster payment would of been same day I think. 
    If you dont mind me asking @MarkN88
    So they have processed the payment yesterday and if its 3 working days i shall receive my payment on wednesday right? As its Bank holiday on monday
  • MarkM88
    edited May 2021
    Options
    BACS payments usually take 3 working days and that includes the day it was sent, but that does depend on what time too. 

If it was paid the 26th it should of been in today. So it might take an extra day which would make it Tuesday. 
  • james19o6
    Options
    I checked my account today nothin in. Plus I have no pending transactions for tuesday
    Isnt that weird?
  • MarkM88
    Options
    See it just depends when the DWP exactly sent it. Sometimes they say processing but then that really means it’s waiting for approval. I would wait until Tuesday. 
  • james19o6
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Good Afternoon Guys,

Finally they paid me however, my rent is £1110. And I am only eligible for 1 bedroom which is £950 a month. But they paid me the full £1110 rent, do you reckon I shall let them know or is the system i am not sure?

I just thought they paid me manual payment so they should have realised it as my case manager said that the system does the payments.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.